Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dark Chess Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I just started playing chess again and I've become addicted to Dark Chess, a game where you only see those pieces which you can attack. What I enjoy most is that this game is the great equalizer. Your opponent doesn't know if they are playing Gary Kasparov or the kid next door.

This mind bending game is securely stuck in the middle of the fog of war. That fact makes the improbable made possible, and with a little strategy, luck, and daring you can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime.

-KSR

3 comments:

Сеня said...

Hello,

I am a Dark Chess fan too.

You've made very nice DC guide. It is first guide I found in the Internet.

May translate it to Russian and publish on my site - AjaxPlay.Com along with the English version?

KSR said...

Sure, I'll allow Ajaxplay.com to post a copy! (Everyone else should still contact me first before reproducing this guide).

I would appreciate it you also include a back link back to the perma page as well.

Enjoy!

p.s. There may be a few additions at some point in the future!

Unknown said...

The Dark Chess variant is now available on chess.com (named "Fog of War" chess): https://www.chess.com/variants/fog-of-war